· contribute to the visibility of COST as an open, flexible, and inclusive funding programme
· offer a valuable experience in support of career development
· further the scientific aims and objectives of the Action
· strengthen the existing network by allowing Researchers and Innovators to foster collaboration in a face-to-face setting
· exchange knowledge, learn new techniques, disseminate the Action results, etc.
An STSM Grant is a fixed financial contribution which takes into consideration the budget request of the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the STSM application. STSM Grants do not necessarily cover all expenses related to undertaking a given mission.
An STSM Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation, and meal expenses of the Grantee. Calculation of the financial contribution for each STSM must respect the following criteria:
· up to a maximum of EUR 4000 in total can be afforded to each successful applicant
· must be completed before 18/10/2023
· must deliver a report on the STSM mission within 30 days after the end of the STSM. If the STSM ends later than 1/10/23, then the report should be submitted within 10 days.
Contribution to Action objectives and realistic budget planning are the major criteria for the application ranking. Gender, geography, age (e.g. Young Researcher, defined by COST as <40 years of age), and qualifications of the applicant will be taken into consideration when evaluating the proposals. Applications should be in line with the Action objectives and scientific activities as stated in COST Action CA20214 Memorandum of Understanding (https://www.cost.eu/actions/CA20124/)
The applicant should prepare an application as follows:
Ranking criteria will include assessment of:
Application, approval, and payment procedures are managed through the e-COST portal.
After the STSM: Immediately after the completion of STSM (within 30 days after the end date of the STSM, or within 10 days after the end date if end date is later than 1/10/23), the Grantee is required to upload a scientific report to the e-COST platform (applicant is notified) and the host approval containing:
See template https://www.cost.eu/STSM_Report for more details